Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I forget what everyone called this ...so I'll call it...ME!

40 years ago: I moved from Acamac into West Saint John.

30 years ago: I got my first pair of glasses. Grade Seven.

25 years ago: Graduated from SJHS, sold my motorcycle and bought a 1971 VW Super Beetle, worked at Towers Department Store in the Prince Edward Square Mall part-time and started working part-time at the General Hospital that used to be on or just off of Waterloo St. It was there that I met this girl who was really hot but she had a boyfriend...

20 years ago: Dropped out of University after two and a half years of Business Admin and worked as a car salesman and then as life insurance agent.

15 years ago: just completed all the required courses for my BEd in Business at UNBF and moved to Toronto to get some business work experience 5 job offers in a week and a half, chose to work in Cost Accounting Dept at Chubb Security Systems head office.

10 years ago: moved back to NB to be with the really hot girl I had met at the hosptal (see above in the 25 yr segment)and to complete my internship for teaching, at Petitcodiac Regional High School where I got to teach classes in Keyboarding, Business English and Communications, and Theatre Arts with an emphasis on Improv, for a semester. Then supply taught for 2 and 1/2 years.

5 ish years ago: Now Married to hot girl, bought house, hung out with my wife for the new family experience of 21 hours labour for the birth of our beautiful son. (yes I was there for delivery, no I didn't cut the cord)

1 year ago: Stay at home Dadding with two children and enjoying the great feeling of being on stage, with Second Stage, In this amazing one act play called "Ashes".

1 month ago: finished up rehearsals for Julius Caesar in the Summer Shakespeare Festival and getting ready for opening night ( my first attempt at acting in a Shakespearean play.)

1 week and two days ago: joined on as part of the cast in the KV Players production of A Midsummer Night's Dream as Egeus (Hermia's Father)(my second attempt at Shakespeare)

yesterday: Had an absolute blast with opening night of A Midsummer Night's Dream.(Congrats to all involved!) and thanks to all you folks that came to see the show. Bought a pair of New Balance sneakers so that I may have comfort whilst I walk.

Today: Family time and mow the lawn if weather holds out

Thursday: Going to Opening Night of Theatre on the Edge. Yay!!!

Comments:
i loved the show and thought you were great, gilbert.

and new balance sneaks rock!!! i wore mine out (2 pairs) and need more... to the running room i will go!
 
No fair. You can reach so much farther back into your past than the rest of us. Sorry I couldn't see either Shakespeare this summer.

Cheers,
John
 
Scott: thanks so much for your kind words...uh...each time and thanks for having so much energy for others(me) to feed off of!

Mare: So glad you enjoyed the show it makes me feel real good to find out there are people at the show that I know and moreso that they enjoyed it and I feel even better now about my choice of sneakers.

John: I may be able to reach back further ... but sheesh am I glad I didn't have to try to remember all the segments in between; I found this to be a test of my memory as it is. I am sorry you couldn't have seen the shows too but I understand when you've got things to do ... places to live etc.(Heh, Sabine didn't want to go am I right?)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?