Monday, April 24, 2006

Yesterday she dropped me

off at the end of a road and I walked. Wearing my New Balance sneakers (that Chad and Dre were helpful with their advice on footware with good support,a while back, Thanks again) I set out to walk longer a longer walk,than I have in recent history anyway. It was such a beautiful day to meet many of the neighbors dogs and to speak with a couple of neighbors also. She took the kids with her to church and I had asked her to come back after church to see how far along I was. Well much to my surprise I was at the church and the service was still on. I left a note in our car asking her to just drive home. I continued my walk and about 10 minutes later I heard a car approaching and slowing, I waved to the kids and told Mary to continue on, that I was feeling fine. Interesting enough when I got home, Peter informed me that when he saw me walking along the road carrying my overshirt in my swinging hand and kind of looking down; that it reminded him of Homer Simpson except that when Mary drove by I didn't get upset and start calling or yelling, like Homer did when Marge drove by. I'm not really sure of the episode he refers to, but I got a chuckle out of it. Anyway the odometer reads that I walked 6.1 kilometers. The rest of the day I spent in the yard clearing brush, getting our bench swing back together, listening to the radio and enjoying a beautiful afternoon with my wife and kids. Then off to rehearsal for 6pm. I am enjoying my part of Giles Corey in "The Crucible" and can hardly wait for us to be off book and blocked.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?